The Following Terms will remain in place until such time as the World Health Organisation declares the pandemic over, or travel restrictions impacting a guest’s ability to travel / take up their booking has been lifted. After which Thornybush Standard Terms will apply.
- Rate Freeze for deferred travel before the 15th of December 2021; prepaid deposits will apply as a credit. Note: Rate freeze only applies to Thornybush Accommodation costs and inclusions. Rates for third party services, conservation fees or TOMSA levies may increase, the traveller will be liable for the difference in costs.
- Deferred travel dates that fall beyond 15 December 2021 – Rates recalculated, and prepaid deposits will apply as a credit
- Should guests be unable to provide confirmed travel dates at the time of deferment they can rebook travel dates at a later stage; prepaid deposits will be held as a credit
- Deposits received will be allocated to the deferred travel booking
- Outstanding deposits will be invoiced for payment at the time of deferment
Reservations 61+ days prior to arrival may be provisionally held for 30 days, with the option to extend for an additional 30 days. In the event that we receive a confirmed reservation against the space held, travellers will have the opportunity to either release or confirm the reservation within 48 hours.
Deposits will be required for confirmed reservations
- In the event of cancellation due the below listed Covid19 reasons no cancellation fees will be levied
- The World Health Organisation declaration of Covid19 as a global pandemic
- The South African government prohibits guest travel into South Africa by way of lock down or international border closure
- The government in the guest’s country of residence prohibits travel into / from the guests country of residence &/or South Africa
- The guest has contracted COVID-19 and is in quarantine or undergoing treatment reasonable evidence, written statements and or documents to support the reasons for cancellation that are given.
- In the event of cancellation for any reason other than the Covid19 reasons listed above, Thornybush standard cancellation terms and conditions will apply
- The guest has contracted COVID-19 and is under treatment or in quarantine. Thornybush reserves the right to ask for any reasonable evidence, written statements and or documents to verify the reason for cancellation that is given.
All funds received will be held in a secure financial facility until travel date.
Thornybush strongly urges all guests to take out comprehensive travel insurance – including “cancel for any reason” coverage – in order to cover the financial implications of Thornybush Cancellation Terms and Conditions
Thornybush Reserves the right to amend or withdraw the above conditions without prior notice
Why we would prefer a deferred booking to a cancellation
Thornybush is responsible for the conservation of both wildlife area and local communities. Conserving Africa’s wildlife areas and our team members livelihoods, is pivotal to what we stand for as a business.
If you’d like to learn more about the impact a deferred booking has vs a cancellation, please read this blog post on the topic.