Thornybush Terms, Conditions, Deposit & Payment Policy
Thornybush reserves the right to stipulate a minimum stay over weekends, public holidays and holiday periods.
A weekend constitutes a Friday and Saturday night. One-night bookings are not generally accepted but may be made at the discretion of Thornybush reservations staff.
General Deposit Policy
A 25% non-refundable deposit is required within seven (7) days of making a reservation, unless a booking is made within 30 days prior to the scheduled date of arrival, in which case full payment is required to secure the reservation.
Payment is to be made in South African Rands and proof of payment submitted.
Payments can be effected by either:
- A secure payment link provided on your reservation confirmation, or
- Bank transfer toInzalo Investment Holdings (Pty) Ltd T/A Thornybush
First National Bank – Wierda Valley
Branch code: 260 950
Account No: 62357054958
Swift Code: FIRNZAJJ
Upon confirmation of reservation, Thornybush reserves the right to charge a cancellation fee unless the reservation is cancelled within 24 hours of the original confirmation. Applicable cancellation fee equivalent to:
- From date of reservation to 31 days prior to arrival at the lodge = 25% Cancellation fees (Non-refundable deposit to apply)
- 30 to 00 days prior to arrival at the lodge = 100% Cancellation fees, unless the reservation is cancelled within 24 hours of the original confirmation of the reservation.
Travel Cancellation Insurance
Please ensure that adequate travel insurance is taken to cover the financial implications of Thornybush ’s Cancellation Terms and Conditions.
In the event of a refund, the final refund payment will exclude bank charges or currency fluctuations incurred when the payment was received by Thornybush.
This does not include credit card merchant charges.
Game Walk And Children’s Policy
Children of all ages are accepted at Thornybush Game Lodge, Thornybush Waterside Lodge, Jackalberry, Monwana Lodge, Waterbuck Lodge and n’Kaya Lodge. Children aged 6 and over are permitted on Game Drive and persons 16 years and over are permitted on Game walks also upon management’s discretion to refuse anyone whom they may deem unsafe / unsuited to participate in these activities. All lodges listed barring n’Kaya Lodge offer a baby-sitting service at an additional cost. Private vehicles may be requested if you are traveling with younger children.
Thornybush lodges are situated in what is considered a malaria area. It is suggested that you consult with their doctors and/or pharmacist prior to your trip in order to consult on all necessary precautions against malaria, and that they are correctly taken/used.
Airstrip / Passenger Taxes
There is a compulsory Passenger tax for arrivals and departures of R 150.00 per person at Thornybush Private Nature Reserve or R 150.00 at Simbambili.
Should private planes park overnight at Thornybush Airstrip the fee is R 300.00 per day (payable direct upon check out). Aircraft collecting / dropping off guests not staying at a Thornybush Collection Game Lodge will be charged R750.00 Landing fee and R 750.00 per 24 Hours if parked overnight.
In the case where Thornybush book flight services the taxes are included in the quoted rate.
In the case where agent or guests book flight services directly with the airlines the charges will be collected directly at the lodge.
Agents/Guests wishing to include these costs should please indicate at time of booking.
Costs above are subject to increase without prior notice.
Tomsa Levy And Conservation Fees
All reservations will be charged a conservation fee of R445.00 per person per booking. The Conservation Fee for guests staying at Simbambili Game Lodge is inclusive of the R138 p/p per day Sabi Sand Conservation Fee. TOMSA Levy of R 14.00 per person per night (5* Lodges), R9.00 per person per night (4* Lodges). These costs (Conservation Fee & TOMSA Levy) will be raised on the reservations invoice. Sabi Sand Gate Fee is payable direct at Gowrie Gate.
Exclusion of Liability & Indemnity
THORNYBUSH PRIVATE NATURE RESERVE and SABI SAND WILDTUIN (Simbambili Game Lodge only)
hereinafter referred to as “the Reserve”
which Reserve incorporates a number of properties owned by a consortium of private landowners who enjoy reciprocal traversing rights over each other’s Property/ies.
- I confirm that I am aware that the area is a malaria area and further that I will be participating in activities in and around the lodge/s and on the Reserve which are inherently dangerous, including but not limited to, the viewing of game and wildlife on foot and from open and closed vehicles.
- I fully understand and accept that my visit, stay, participation in activities, tours and excursions of any nature whatsoever shall be undertaken at my own risk.
- I understand and accept that the Lodge, the Reserve, Thornybush, and their Holding and associate companies, their directors, agents, representatives, employees, servants, and insurers and the component Landowner/s are not responsible in any way if I am injured or if my property is lost, stolen or damaged.
- I hereby waive and abandon any claim(s), which I, my dependants, or my executors, may have, at any time, against the Lodge, the Reserve, Thornybush, and their Holding and associate companies, their directors, agents, representatives, employees, servants, and insurers and the component Landowner/s,
- arising out of, or in connection with, or as a result of, any loss of or damage to property owned by me, and/or
- that may arise in connection with, or as a result of, my death, or injury to myself, in the course of my visit or stay, or as a consequence of my visit or stay, participation in activities, tours, and excursions of any nature whatsoever.
- I hereby indemnify, hold harmless and absolve the Lodge, the Reserve, Thornybush, and their Holding and associate companies, their directors, agents, representatives, employees, servants, and insurers and the component Landowner/s against and from any or all claims whatsoever which
- may arise in connection with, or as a result of, any loss of or damage to property owned by any of my family members; and/or
- may arise in connection with, or as a result of, the death of or injury to any of my family members, in the course of their visit or stay, or as a consequence of their visit or stay, participation in activities, tours and excursions of any nature whatsoever.
- I acknowledge that this Exclusion of Liability & Indemnity applies to any of the lodges which form part of Thornybush which I or my family members may visit or stay at.