Thornybush prides itself on offering high quality, safe safari experiences to our guests from around the world. With this in mind, and in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, we have been working hard to ensure we are ready to welcome you back! We have implemented stringent hygiene and safety protocols to make sure that our guests and team members continue to remain safe, without compromising the quality of the safari experience.
GUEST ARRIVAL AND CHECK-IN
- On arrival you will be welcomed by our team who are ready to kick start your Thornybush journey.
- Non-contact guest check-in procedures are available.
- Guest medical declaration form to be completed.
- Guest temperature check and health screening on arrival. Daily temperature checks thereafter with non-contact thermometer.
- Guest luggage and shoes sanitized.
- Hand sanitizer station in reception area and throughout the lodges.
- Guests are required to make use of a face mask, to be worn in all public spaces and during safari activities. This is for the safety of all our guests and team members.
Social distancing to be maintained by all team and guests:
- During safari activities.
- In public and common areas.
- At dining venues.
- Due to social distancing, our team members will not be welcoming guests with a handshake.
FOOD PREPARATION AND DINING
Food preparation under the highest possible level of hygiene:
- Chefs will be required to wear PPE including facemasks and gloves.
- No buffet dining.
- An allocated dining table for the duration of your stay.
- In-room dining option available.
- Safari snacks individually packed.
- No-touch menus.
HOUSEKEEPING AND HYGIENE
- Hand wash and sanitizer stations placed throughout the lodge common areas.
- Hand sanitizer are available in all guest suites.
- Guest suites are sterilized before check-in and during your stay.
- Room keys will be sterilized and sealed for guest check-in and remain in guest possession for duration of their stay.
- Rooms serviced daily or as per guest preference.
- Air conditioner filters are sterilized before each guest check-in.
- High traffic and high contact areas sterilized on a regular basis.
- Linen and towels washed on a hot cycle, as per World Health Organization’s guidelines.
GAME DRIVE AND SAFARI ACTIVITIES
- Vehicles are washed daily.
- High contact areas of vehicle sanitized before and after each safari.
- An allocated seating on the vehicle for the duration of a guests stay.
- Maximum of 4 guests per vehicle, unless a larger group is travelling together.
- No sharing of binoculars & field-guidebooks.
OUR TRANSFER PARTNERS
- The transfer companies that operate in this area have supplied us with their detailed cleaning protocols which they are following to ensure the highest level of hygiene for all guest transfer.
- These guidelines have been stipulated by the relevant regulatory bodies.
ON-SITE MEDICAL RESPONSE
- Our medical service provider, Africa Safe-T, has developed a detailed evacuation protocol in response to a suspected COVID-19 case. This is applicable to all our guests and team members.
- On site essential equipment and medication is available and is supported by Africa Safe-T paramedic response.
- We have quarantine rooms available at each lodge.
OUR TEAM MEMBERS
- All our team members have been fully trained on COVID-19 Health & Safety protocols, following guidelines set out by leading authorities, including the World Health Organization.
- All our team members have been supplied with necessary PPE.
- Daily temperature screening has been implemented.
- Our team members all live on-site and no movement off-site is allowed.
- We have implemented self-isolation protocols for all team members when returning for duty.
If you are looking for more peace of mind and would like a more detailed breakdown of our Health & Safety Protocols, please contact us.
Thornybush Game Lodge is fabulous, and the staff amazing, food absolutely delicious and all made from scratch, our ranger and Tracker were the best: absolute experts in the field, fountains of knowledge and so much fun to be with.
Inzalo Community Projects and World Food Day 2019
In honour of World Food Day 2029, learn more about Inzalo Community Project’s projects which have a feeding scheme component to contribute towards a Zero Hunger
Thornybush Family Food Parcel Fundraiser
Help us support those in our local communities who are struggling with food security, due to COVID19. Every little bit helps and will be greatly appreciated.