Detailed Covid 19 Protocols
GUEST ARRIVAL AND CHECK-IN
- On arrival you will be welcomed by our team who are ready to kick start your Thornybush journey.
- Non-contact guest check-in procedures are available.
- Guest medical declaration form to be completed.
- Guest temperature check and health screening on arrival. Daily temperature checks thereafter with non-contact thermometer.
- Guest luggage and shoes sanitized.
- Hand sanitizer station in reception area and throughout the lodges.
- Guests are required to make use of a face mask, to be worn in all public spaces and during safari activities. This is for the safety of all our guests and team members.
Social distancing to be maintained by all team and guests:
- During safari activities.
- In public and common areas.
- At dining venues.
- Due to social distancing, our team members will not be welcoming guests with a handshake.
FOOD PREPARATION AND DINING
Food preparation under the highest possible level of hygiene:
- Chefs will be required to wear PPE including facemasks and gloves.
- An allocated dining table for the duration of your stay.
- In-room dining option available.
- Safari snacks individually packed.
- Menus presented by service team members
HOUSEKEEPING AND HYGIENE
- Hand wash and sanitizer stations placed throughout the lodge common areas.
- Hand sanitizer are available in all guest suites.
- Guest suites are sterilized before check-in and during your stay.
- Room keys will be sterilized and sealed for guest check-in and remain in guest possession for duration of their stay.
- Rooms serviced daily or as per guest preference.
- Air conditioner filters are sterilized before each guest check-in.
- High traffic and high contact areas sterilized on a regular basis.
- Linen and towels washed on a hot cycle, as per World Health Organization’s guidelines.
GAME DRIVE AND SAFARI ACTIVITIES
- Vehicles are sanitized before and after each safari.
- Safari team members and guests are required to wear masks at all times.
- An allocated seating on the vehicle for the duration of a guests stay.
- Wherever possible, we will allocate no more than 6 guests per vehicle.
- No sharing of binoculars & field-guidebooks.
- Individual snack packs will be provided.
OUR TRANSFER PARTNERS
- The transfer companies that operate in this area have supplied us with their detailed cleaning protocols which they are following to ensure the highest level of hygiene for all guest transfer.
- These guidelines have been stipulated by the relevant regulatory bodies.
ON-SITE MEDICAL RESPONSE
- If a guest displays COVID-19 symptoms on arrival or during their stay they will be escorted to a designated COVID-19 room to await assessment by a medical professional.
- A guest with suspected COVID-19 will not be permitted to participate in any activities, and meals will be servied to their room by a staff member.
- Our medical service provider, Africa Safe-T, has developed a detailed evacuation protocol in response to a suspected COVID-19 case. This is applicable to all our guests and team members.
- On site essential equipment and medication is available and is supported by Africa Safe-T paramedic response.
- We have quarantine rooms available at each lodge.
OUR TEAM MEMBERS
- All our team members have been fully trained on COVID-19 Health & Safety protocols, following guidelines set out by leading authorities, including the World Health Organization.
- All our team members have been supplied with necessary PPE.
- Daily temperature screening has been implemented.
- Our team members all live on-site.
- We have implemented self-isolation protocols for all team members when returning for duty.
If you are looking for more peace of mind and would like a more detailed breakdown of our Health & Safety Protocols, please contact us.
We had the most wonderful trip in late August to Thornybush Game Lodge once Local travel restrictions had been lifted. The game viewing & birding was phenomenal & the service & food was exceptional, we highly recommend visiting Thornybush especially given that they are offering such exceptional rates currently
Pod not found